Digital Technology Manager
Location: Washington, DC
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
Direct Reports: None
External Contracts: Manages external advisors, consultants, and vendors as required
Position Status: Full-time
Travel Requirements: Annual Employee Owned Las Vegas Conference (November), ESOP Professionals' Forum (February), certain large regional events, some Board of Directors or other leadership meetings as required
Overall Description of the Position:
This is a NEW position at The ESOP Association (TEA).
TEA is the largest employee ownership organization in the world, and the only organization that actively lobbies on behalf of all ESOP companies. Dedicated to advocacy, education, and the growth of employee ownership as a model for successful business, The ESOP Association currently has 18 state and regional Chapters and attracts more than 13,500 people annually to 160+ chapter and three national meetings — including the annual “Employee Owned” Conference & Tradeshow in Las Vegas, which is the largest Employee Ownership event in the world, and the National Conference and Advocacy Day, now in its 44th year.
Starting nearly two years ago, TEA and its affiliated Employee Ownership Foundation (EOF) began a long overdue and mission critical technology modernization effort that has touched upon every aspect of our organization. The modernization has been all encompassing – complete rebuilds of websites, a new AMS (Salesforce based Fonteva), all new hardware and network systems, transition to VoIP phones, and the streamlining of external contracting services reducing the number of external IT service provers from nearly 40 to a small handful.
Rounding out the technological modernization efforts, TEA and EOF moved to new, modern office spaces in 2020. Included within this space is a full digital production studio for audio and video content as well as use of the building large conferencing spaces capable of hosting educational sessions of more than 200 attendees.
The ESOP Association’s (TEA) Digital Technology Manager is the primary staff person responsible for all aspects of TEA’s AMS platform (Fonteva) and will serve as the primary staff member in charge of all IT duties for TEA.
This is a great opportunity for someone with two or more years of Salesforce administration experience to broaden their technical and project management expertise in a high-profile role working with all facets of the organization.
SFDC/Fonteva Admin responsibilities:
- Serve as primary system administrator for the Salesforce.com environment with 16+ users
- Handle all administrative functions including user account creation and maintenance, reports (including join reports), dashboards, workflows, process builder and other routine tasks, including:
- Managing user accounts and allocate user licenses
- Creating charts, dashboards, advanced queries, and reports using native Salesforce reporting functionality, ,
- importing leads and contacts
- Run de-duplication tools (Apsona and Fonteva)
- Troubleshoot issues and coordinate their resolution
- Manage Salesforce.com data feeds and other integrations
- Train staff as necessary on a wide range of technologies including, but not limited to TEA systems, especially Fonteva and all products associated with Fonteva, cloud services, software, and hardware. Lead or facilitate training sessions (one-on-one, classroom style, virtual, or otherwise) based on staff learning needs.
- Effectively act as the liaison between our users and vendors
- Become expert in the configuration and use of all Salesforce-related capabilities
- Fonteva Association Management System
- Campaign Monitor digital marketing
- KnowWho Advocacy solutions
- HigherLogic Communities
- Drupal Content Management System
- Monitor system performance and proactively address issues with
- Batch processes
- Synchronization with connected applications
- Monthly patch updates
- Yearly upgrades
SFDC/Fonteva Dev tasks
- Complete regular internal system audits and prepare for monthly patches and twice- yearly upgrades
- Test and install high priority updates from Salesforce and Fonteva
- Perform periodic refresh of Sandbox environment
- Work independently with members of the user community to define and document development requirements
- Coordinate the evaluation, scope, and completion of new development requests.
- build customized solutions that support business requirements and drive key business decisions
- Object design, Data elements, and page layouts (Classic and Lightning)
- Business Rules and automation scripting
- Become knowledgeable in and support the administration of:
- Office 365 user accounts, groups, security
- SharePoint intranet
- Vonage VOIP phone system
- Monitor and track software and hardware inventory, licensing, and support / maintenance agreements.
- Coordinate services and projects provided by external IT vendors, including:
- Network configuration and support
- End-user device configuration and support
- Website and domain configuration, monitoring, and support
Project management, organizational planning, and support
- Proactively identify and escalate requirements for new technical capabilities, including business justification, scope, and costs
- Monitor and track the performance of vendors, support the periodic technical and financial review of new and existing contracts
- Oversee efforts to upgrade existing or integrate new capabilities
- Support the development of strategic plans and budgets for the maintenance and improvement of current technical capabilities, retire obsolete capabilities, and introduce new capabilities
- Excellent project management skills and a positive attitude
- Ability to readily adapt to and manage changes in requirements and priorities
- Demonstrate ability to meet deadlines, handle and prioritize simultaneous requests, and manage laterally and upwards
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Must demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Must demonstrate ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on Salesforce.com and all upstream and downstream applications, systems and processes
- Desire to constantly learn new technologies/solutions which may improve business operations
- Experience with non-profit processes preferred
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Minimum two years of experience as a Salesforce.com administrator or developer
- project management experience
- A documented history of successfully driving projects to completion
- A demonstrated ability to understand and articulate complex requirements
- Strong business analysis and functional experience, including requirements gathering, creating/deploying solutions to end users
- Proven ability to design and implement new processes and facilitate user adoption
- Strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
TEA is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. While we are currently working remotely, post-pandemic we will return to the brand-new Capitol hill located International Employee Ownership Center offices of the ESOP Association. TEA offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Interested individuals should forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. TEA is currently hiring in multiple areas, so please include a reference to the position in the subject line.