Location: Washington, DC
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
Direct Reports: None
External Contracts: Manages external advisors, consultants, and vendors as required
Position Status: Full-time
Travel Requirements: Annual Employee-Owned Las Vegas Conference (November), Professionals' Forum (February), certain large regional events, some Board of Directors or other Leadership meetings as required
Overall Description of the Position:
This is a NEW position at The ESOP Association (TEA).
TEA is the largest employee ownership organization in the world, and the only organization that actively lobbies on behalf of all ESOP companies. Dedicated to advocacy, education, and the growth of employee ownership as a model for successful business, The ESOP Association currently has 18 state and regional Chapters and attracts more than 13,500 people annually to 160+ chapter and three national meetings — including the annual “Employee Owned” Conference & Tradeshow in Las Vegas, which is the largest Employee Ownership event in the world, and the National Conference and Advocacy Day, now in its 44th year.
Starting nearly two years ago, TEA and its affiliated Employee Ownership Foundation (EOF) began a long overdue and mission critical technology modernization effort that has touched upon every aspect of our organization. The modernization has been all encompassing – complete rebuilds of websites, a new AMS (Salesforce based Fonteva), all new hardware and network systems, transition to VoIP phones, and the streamlining of external contracting services reducing the number of external IT service provers from nearly 40 to a small handful.
Rounding out the technological modernization efforts, TEA and EOF moved to new, modern office spaces in 2020. Included within this space is a full digital production studio for audio and video content as well as use of the building large conferencing spaces capable of hosting educational sessions of more than 200 attendees.
The Salesforce Administrator will be responsible for the performance, integrity, and reporting of TEA’s Salesforce Association Management System, Fonteva.
This individual will serve as a subject-matter expert for all TEA staff and will develop, document, and implement database, reporting and analytics processes related to Fonteva. Working with the Executive Director and Leadership Team, this role is responsible for development and oversight of TEA’s full utilization of Fonteva, including day to day activities as well as testing protocols, and identifying opportunities to optimize the internal and external user experience.
The Salesforce Administrator is responsible for leading efforts to ensure all TEA team members are properly trained and aware of the options to fully utilize and optimize Fonteva. This individual will work cross-functionally with peers throughout the organization.
This is a great opportunity for someone with three to five years of Salesforce administration experience to broaden their technical and project management expertise in a high-profile role working with all facets of the organization.
- Data Strategy and Governance
- Lead cross-departmental efforts as TEA’s data governance program manager to increase collaboration around data and enforce consistency of business rules, data policies, practices, and training.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all staff needs, including report writing, event creation, membership join processes, patch, and version updates, etc.
- Develop and maintain data policies and process documents.
- Vendor management for Fonteva and all integrated apps.
- Manage reporting and analysis of all financial and other types of transactions (i.e., membership and meeting reporting, lockbox, and Business Administration).
- Identify technical database issues and work with external vendors to fix issues to ensure data integrity.
- Proactively identify and present solutions to common or unique challenges.
- Identify and develop automated processes for repeatable database tasks, for example Workflow Options and invoicing.
- Data Operations
- Serves as the day-to-day contact for all departments and with external vendors supporting Fonteva, Campaign Monitor, Apsona, Higher Logic Communities, and KnowWho to include optimizations, system releases and patches, user acceptance testing and other key functions.
- Work with the Leadership team to identify automations (flows, triggers, etc.) in Fonteva.
- Work across TEA and with external partners to develop and implement a membership data strategy aimed at measuring key membership retention and engagement indicators and identifying growth opportunities.
- Responsible for the management and maintenance of Fonteva and serves as an expert to all contacts within the Association.
- Responsible for tracking and translating system-related business rules into a SOP Manual for TEA.
- Regularly review and optimize the ecommerce experience.
- Recommend emerging database technologies.
- Reporting and Measurement
- Responsible for identifying, measuring, and optimizing for the internal user experience and business intelligence via database reports, visualizations, and dashboards in collaboration with internal stakeholders including, but not limited to Membership, Events/Education, Communications and Advocacy.
- Identify opportunities to utilize Salesforce capabilities to improve Association processes for internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead effort on organic and purchased member data collection, analysis, and improvement.
- Write and document Salesforce reports for internal usage including for auditing purposes, general association reporting (including accounting, membership, events, etc), tracking and trending.
- Train colleagues on report writing and or data extraction.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience, preferably in a related field/position or professional association.
- Salesforce Certification required.
- Fonteva experience highly preferred.
- Data Governance, quality assurance and skills strongly preferred.
- Proven Project Management skills with a history of driving projects to completion.
- Process documentation skills required.
- Strong command of SQL and SQL server tools.
- Familiarity with SSAS, SSIS, SSRS.
- Strong knowledge of database management and administration, digital strategy, IT and/or operations.
- Strong knowledge and familiarity with using or implementing membership databases, preferably Salesforce or other related platforms.
- Exceptional strategic and analytical expertise with ability to take ideas and assemble concepts/solutions for communication to different levels of the organization.
- Demonstrates attention to detail and ability to think creatively.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple complex projects in a cross-functional environment.
- Ability to measure performance outcomes.
- Service-oriented with a focus on superior results.
- Self-motivated, nimble, and comfortable working with minimal supervision.
- Collaborative and able to work cross-functionally.
- Experience with non-profit processes preferred.
TEA is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. While we are currently working remotely, post-pandemic we will return to the brand-new Capitol hill located International Employee Ownership Center offices of the ESOP Association. TEA offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Interested individuals should forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. TEA is currently hiring in multiple areas, so please include a reference to the position in the subject line.